Sunday, June 07, 2009

Cancerland

The title is a little off but, I couldn't think of what to call this one...

Today my
church cancer support group met. We meet on the first Sunday of the month. Everyone has different cancers yet similar struggles & trials. Some spouses also come to the meeting. It is great encouragement.

Yes, my MRI along with blood work were on Saturday. Tuesday the results will be made known by my oncologist, Dr. Needles. (on a side note: every time I write Needles, I chuckle and think it is quite odd to have a doctor with that sort of name-aghhh. Ok, on to the post...) That will hopefully be the time I will know how he (you know who) wants to proceed with my care post chemo. Scans every 3 months? is my guess. Blood work was taken during chemo to monitor the WBC. Brain cancers do not unfortunately exhibit "markers". Scans are the most informative. I will try to post the information as time allows after Tuesday. Our prayer is that it is clear - no change from previous scans.

I have been enjoying summer with the boys. We have gone twice to the library and only once to the pool due to weather. My fatigue is getting somewhat better. I am tired mid day but I have always been that way. Brain cancer did not bring that on. I have to rest for about 20 minutes after lunch. Stuart is slowing cutting out his quiet time which is making some days difficult. On those days, Dave (to no surprise) has been great to help so much at night when I am oh so tired and want to expire by 8pm. Please pray for his stamina & energy as he is doing double time.

This past weekend was a bustle. Carter's 11th birthday celebration was at Nascar speed park on Friday with
friends. Lazer tag, go carts and cookie cake you cannot go wrong. Last night Dave & I hosted some of my moms friends for dinner to surprise & celebrate her 60th birthday which is mid June. It was great!
Thanks for checking in,

k-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate!
Praying for the scan results tomorrow...I sure miss seeing you! Things here are slowing down a bit now that Bible Study is almost over. Our sharing day is this week and then off to London to visit my sister for a few days! We had a nice time in Monte Carlo- quite the fancy place. We spent one night in Nice, France to wind down from the company outing- the sea was so beautiful and we even went to a small French circus Saturday evening! We had no idea what they were saying, but it was a lot of fun! Praying for daily strength and patience with all those boys in your house! Love from Italia- Jen

Anonymous said...

Kate...good to hear your words. Kind of lifted my spirits today b/c it's always so easy to hear YOU through all you write. Thank you for blessing me...even if you didn't intend it, specifically, in your writing. Loved the pic from the racepark & no surprise that the kids enjoyed the outing. Tell SoccerGram that I love her & give her a hug. Thinking of you today, Kate. L Jo