Saturday, January 23, 2010

Meaningful memory verses +


I have been looking into scripture verses that were meaningful to me during the trials of 2006, 2007 and beyond.

... Lord there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty...
2 Chronicles 14:11a

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. Isaiah 43:2

The Lord hears the needy and does not despise his captive people. Psalm 69:33

... Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord you God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1 :9b

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,

3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

An excerpt from a song + meaningful quote:

...Here I am at your feet in my brokenness complete...

"I'm not going to miss out on this, Today won't come back. Once I say good night to these girls, this day is a wrap - this moment, gone."
Robert Beeson, single dad
to 3 tween girls

It mentions making every moment count with your kids and I needed that reminder these days as I am a easily frustrated parent. My patience runs thin and I don't like it. I have to make a conscious effort in leaning on the Lord for encouragement it also helps having Godly encouragement from friends. Accountability.

Hope your day is going well. Next MRI is in April.
kate

6 comments:

Sue and Robert Stark said...

My sweet friend!!!!

Gonna have to go back and re-read them...write them and pray over them.

I've been checking in...obviously, I missed it...whoops!

I hope you're staying warm and dry...We pray for you and your precious family...as Lily says, "Mrs. Kate Snodgrass' brain"...you are remembered!!!!
xxxxx

Jen said...

It was so good to see you, even for just a little bit! Praying for you and your family- for your rest and ability to handle all that comes your way....Loved the verses you posted- Let me know by email if you need specific prayer any time! Love from Italia- Jen

Barbara said...

God grant you the the serenity, to change the things you can. And to accept the things you can not change.

Anonymous said...

Kate: Your verses were a blessing to me today b/c your honest heart shines through them. They reflect that, no, life is NOT a bed of roses. It's actually not a bed of carnations. It's not even a bed of dandelions trying to fake us out that they're flowers when they really are just WEEDS. Life is sometimes really TOUGH! The verses that promise God's presence through fire and storm propose the distinct truth that fire and storm are a PART of life...almost a promise that they're included on our horizon! Some weeks of life seem to expose us to more fire and storm than serenity. Your transparency about needing patience as a Mom blessed me, too, b/c I can have a tendendy to be a little short fused sometimes (ask my kids). When Elijah starts having Winnie the Pooh figurines or Thomas the Tank Engine trains give kisses to my elbow, pant leg or available body part ... I begin to think to myself...Dear Self: SIMM-UH DOWN, girl (simmer down) ... Glad it's not just me. You always do tend to "keep it real," don't you, Kate? Perhaps that's why all of us love you so... Well THAT and about 1000 other reasons! Hugs today 2 U, my friend.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice Post! I am joyful to be a part of this post.
Injection Of Stem Cells