I just realized this morning that I haven't given much information on the blog relating to my cancer lately. I guess that is good yet I do want to keep you informed.
For now I am going to lay it all out. Please know I am not complaining just listing details.
1. Labs drawn today for Thursday oncology appointment.
2. Doctors appointment is a follow up.
3. Start oral chemo (Temodar) Friday for 5 days on 23 off.
4. Rash on both sides of bellybutton due to chemo build up.
5. Some constipation. Early morning pain on lower left pelvic continues. OBgyn checked it out in February. No worries with ovaries. Must be from chemo induced constipation. Lovely.
6. Occasional forgetfulness due to surgery or chemo. Poor Dave has to do follow up.
7. Hair - What do I say? It's not how I would style it...yet this isn't about what I want. Is it? Ok. My hair is slowly thinning out - might be due to chemo or normal life stuff. It is also growing in slowly where the surgery took place in December. I have a good two inches that loves to stick up straight (spike) if not trained in the morning. Scary!
8. Physically & Emotionally- I am getting better since the trauma of post surgical complications (not much usage of left extremities) Ok NO usage of left extremities including the facial muscles. But, by God's grace I am somewhat back to normal. I was downtrodden for a while. Short story comprehension is difficult. I especially notice it with my Bible study. It is slowly getting better. Speech therapy aided in the comprehension. I currently see a counselor. I think everyone should see counselors. It is a broken sin filled world. I also think about not being here for my family in the years to come. The thought is short lived. Please pray that I do not dwell on the "what ifs".
9. Multi-tasking: is difficult but getting better. Cooking has been minimal. Many thanks to the meals still being provided occasionally. Driving skills have improved but, reversing out of a parking spot requires both sides of the brain. Difficult. Not impossible. I really have to focus. I also have noticed when multiple conversations are occuring while I am speaking to someone, I am overwhelmed. Thankfully Covenant Christian School's Field Day is not my respondsiblility this May. Allthough I did oversee the team shirt design and colors. That was fun and DO able. I missed organizing the event but, it was good for my health not to oversee the planning, games, volunteers, etc. Also good to let some things go. Laurie I am sure did a fantastic job. Can't wait for Friday, May 9. She is a blessing.
Thanks for caring...