Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Coming to a close

School is about over for the year. The last day is Friday ending with closing chapel and a family picnic.

This afternoon the second graders are having their poetry reading. Cole is looking forward to us attending. He informed me that there will be a surprise. "Can't really tell you but it has to do about you, Mom and a poem." Hmmmmm. : ) You can be sure the video cam will be running.

Sorry I have been delinquent with my postings. It is the same ole story- my lack of multitasking since surgery. I have been distracted lately. I felt it to be unnecessary to be at the computer with things to be done in the home. Dave has been staying up late and helping with the laundry, dishes, etc. I stayed up late with him last night to help. Also for me,resting is becoming more important. It is noticable by the end of the day if I overdo it I just crash by 8:30 pm with a mild headache and good fatigue. Many thanks to my hubby for picking up the slack.

An update on Joe. I received an email last week from his neice, Kay.

"The recommendation is not to do anything at this point since Uncle Joe is not having much, if any pain. They will do a repeat PET scan in 2 months. He said the radiation onocologist expects the lesion in the lung to "decrease" in the next 2 months instead of increase. I do not know where he is pulling that knowledge from (maybe prayers). The family all seemed to be in agreement with the decision." Joe called me as well with an update. He seemed to be in good spirits. Prayer is powerful and effective.

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

FYI - If you read an obscure comment post Saturday eve into Sunday. It was good ole Spam. It ended up being 21 pages ten point font after being deleted forever.

My next MRI is Wednesday, May 28 at 10:30 in the morning. My follow up doctors appointment is Friday, May 30. I start my five day chemo regimen as well on Friday. Most likely I will do the full 350 mg if my labs looked okay from this past cycle. I am assuming they were fine.

Have a great Memorial weekend holiday.

We are so ready for summer days at the pool.

k-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate,
Good to see you, if briefly, today. Praying for the MRI/dr. appt./chemo regimen!
:-) Erika

Anonymous said...

@ multitasking...hey some people can't do it even if they HAVEN'T had brain surgery...I mean TWO brain surgeries...so, girl: you're doing A-okay! And as for good ole' hubbies picking up the slack: they're FABulous for doing it AND it reminds them of how FABulous we wives/moms are! Mike is home w/ Jr. Jr. and (another) fever today...when I arrive home, he'll be haggard, I'm sure. I think it's something in the extra X chromosome we have that makes us do what we do day-in, day-out so tirelessly. So if you wanna poop out at 8:30 every once in a while...more power to ya! Have a great holiday! Hugs! Laura Joback for the Joback clan