Monday, February 09, 2009

Get out & play

Well, its a beautiful Monday here in the St. Louis community. A fine day to enjoy the outside. A breeze is a blowin' but not too blustery. Okay enough on the so desired weather. I am not a winter lover for sure. I just spent some time outside chatting with a friend while Stuart played with Calvin in the sunny delight.

Dave's parents left Sunday around noon for their drive back to Indiana.
It was a wonderful weekend spending time with them. Each boy won their respective basketball games and 5 Guys burgers & fries was a sure winner. A little noisy but what do you expect for such a trendy place. I was able to take a nap after the long Saturday once home. We made homemade pizzas for dinner with a great easy dessert. My mom told me about a weight watchers dessert with only 2 points (of course ours were more due to the whip cream) yum yum. A rasberry was also a delight on top. This cake was a box of angel food mixed with a can of crushed pineapple in its own juice. Bake for 25+ minutes in the correct degree oven (check the box directions). Once complete take out of the oven and turn upside down on an elevated container to cool. I was wiggin thinking the cake would fall out but mom assured me it wouldn't . She was right! It is great for breakfast as well. Or at least I think it is.

I have a oncology appointment tomorrow morning with my labs taken prior to that time. I am hoping my white blood cell count is still at a good level - above 4.0. Please pray accordingly. I have a busy day as I have another doctors appointment after the oncologist. Yippee - not. I was trying to save on gas money & my time as they are in the St. Johns area with staggered times.

Hope your day is well...

k-

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate- I made the angel food cake w/ crushed pineapple tonight....sooo good! (: Praying for your appointment tomorrow.
-Lizzie from down the street

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate (Lizzies Mom here in Italia!) They don't have cake mixes here in Italia, so I can't make the cake, and they don't have crushed pineapple either! It sounds wonderful and summery! We finally had some sun here yesterday, but this morning it is back to rain and clouds- I am ready for spring! I will pray for your appointments and for your blood count- as you trust in the One who is able! Love , Jen
PS home in March for a bit!
Lunch? :)

Unknown said...

Praying for you this morning and your appointments. (Lizzie's mom-in-law across town):) He rejoices over you with singing and quiets you with His love. The angel food cake recipe is one of my favorites.
Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I'm breaking from the "family" posts. Hee, hee, hee. I love it!

Praying for those counts, your energy, and the doctor's appts.

Miss you,
Sue :)