Sunday, August 19, 2007

Keeping out of business

A greedy man stirs up dissension,
but he who trusts in the LORD will prosper.
He who trusts in himself is a fool,
but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe.
Proverbs 28: 25-26


Ouch! I have been struggling with pride. This is not a new thing. Since school is starting back up it is easy for me to "stir the pot" so to say in matters that are none of my business. I have made a vow to try and not engage in conversations that are going to lead me to sin. That is just what it is - SIN. I desire to make a new start this fall by encouraging not discouraging, being fully gracious in matters and kind. Please pray that I can do just that. Pray for my heart and eyes to be open. To be able to walk away graciously from a conversation that is not edifying.

Tuesday, September 11 - MRI at 1:15 pm
Thursday, September 13 - 10 am - Dr. Needles consult with results

I want to end with an encouraging verse on worry.

"He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17:8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I will pray that you and all the rest of us may make a "new start" and to be positive all around. You are an inspiration!!

Stefanie

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that Joe was blessed on his B-Day. Yip-PEE!! I laughed thinking about your potentially swiss cheese yard and burnt dinner, thanks to airplane-making. Boys will be boys, and our meals and yards suffer the concequences, huh? Already praying for your upcoming appts in the next few weeks. We love you! The Jobacks