Saturday, August 25, 2007

Lake of the O Memories

Carter's catch
Goofin' around in the not so hot tub

Cole and Stuart
The marshmellow robber!

Hello All,

We have been gone since Tuesday for one last family memory making trip. A previous coworker of Dave's has a wonderful lake home at the Lake of the Ozarks. She insisted we try to go to her home for some getaway time. We had such a great time of eating smores, jet skiing, swimming in the not so hot tub, fishing and tubing. Cole was excited about seeing the cool insects. There was even a snake in the water. Yuck for me but pretty neato for the older boys. I prefer not to see the snakes. That is one creature I don't particulary care about.

The plan was to go to the lake house from Tuesday till Friday. We were having such a good time that we ended up staying till today. Good friends of ours came down to join us on Wednesday. The older boys of the group enjoyed an afternoon of ten cent skee ball, go carting and putt putt golf while the toddlers and mommys took a nap. At night the grown ups stayed up late chatting. Last night we watched a movie together. It was fun as it felt like we were teenagers staying up late with laughter and in depth conversations. God stories were exhanged. I am so glad that we had another family with us.

The movie last night was a love story. A great chick flick. It was a tear jerker. I was crying because of the tenderness of the movie then turned to another thought. I was saddened by the fact that I want to grow old with Dave. I love him so. He really is my lover and friend. My prince. I truly mean it. I know there is no guarantee that I will die soon. The opposite is also true. There is no guarantee that I won't. My desire is for my family to have me for a long time. It was a difficult night. I haven't cried like that in a long time. I am a tender reed - a broken vessel.

Once home today I had multiple emails. One was from Kay, Joe's neice. She stated that he had some dizziness on Thursday and one of his sons was taking him to the ER. I will hopefully have an update by tomorrow. Please pray for him as he will be completing his three intense sessions of radiation soon. He is staying in St. Louis at Hope Lodge again.

School is starting this Tuesday for Carter and Cole. Stuart and I will be doing two separate Bible studies this fall. One will be the book study of "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn. I only got to page 55 in my summer reading of the book. I really need some accountability. The other study will be Community Bible Study (CBS) on the Divided Kingdom and the Minor Prophets: I & II Kings, Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk and Zephaniah.

Many thanks to the Loewe family for being such a blessing and allowing us to make family memories at your lake home. Wade and Ramona you know how to have fun. Thanks for joining our family this week. We appreciated the long talks and laughter. Watch out for those scorpions!

Our early morning fisherman, Cole

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great and much-needed getaway for you and all! LOVED the picture of Cole--he's looking so GROWN UP! Where does the time fly! Out the window, apparently! I had the boys outside "watering the hostas," which really means playing interference between them and the hose as they douse each other. They were sopped. The plants: not so much. Ah, well. I'll go back out later when I can get it done with no "help." watching the two of them play is plugging little memories of the boys' childhood away in my brain, much like what you did this weekend. Blessings, huh? Not little ones...BIG ones! Will pray for sweet Joe, too. Luv ya! Laura

Anonymous said...

Dave, Kate, and boys:
Thanks for great memories, jaw-hurting laughter, and tender moments. We look forward to our next adventure with y'all!

Wade

Oldqueen44 said...

Looks like a wonderful memory making vacation. Great pictures.