Friday, May 11, 2007

Field Day 2007

Cole running in the obstacle course!
Carter in sack races!

Big mouth Kate announcing the coin competition
Can you tell I love the megaphone? I sure am in my element in front of others (especially kids).
Whew! After some rain Field Day went on without much of a hitch. We definitely prayed for safety due to falls and such. Everyone had a blast. I think the rain made it somewhat more fun. Not a good hair day for most. Of course, we can all say Kate hasn't had a good hair day since November surgery. Oh well. The bandana helped out for the day.
Update on the competitions:
1. Coins - The red team was in the lead the whole week till today. Blue team weight total was 78.6 lbs. & red came in at 63.6 lbs. The boys were not disappointed though. All were happy to hear that the total amount raised came to $877.47 . I was praying for $500. God met that and beyond. The money raised is going towards their previous Spanish teacher, Senora' Robertson who along with her husband are raising support to be missionaries in Mexico. They plan on leaving for Mexico prior to summer is what I have last heard. Carter had their son Joseph in his class and Cole had MaryBeth. What a wonderful family that just shines for Jesus!
2. Field Day Overall Winners - Well, the blue team total score came to 32. Red 34. Whopppeee! All teams received medals for such a great day of fun. Go Red!
I want to thank Laurie my co chair for field day who came to the rescue during the planning stages. She has been the one who has really made the day possible this year. Her gifts really meshed well with mine in all the planning. What she didn't think of I did and vice versa. It is great to see that God knew who was needed at such a time as this. I will miss the multiple emails a day from her.
Thanks also to Gram for taking care of Stuart all day. She arrived at our home at 7:30 am. Jean came to take pictures with my camera at school. I am so appreciative.
Thankful that Field Day 2007 has come to an end. Looking forward to 2008 improvements.
On to planning a football party for a soon to be 9 year old in the home on June 5.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KATE!!
YOU DID IT! WHAT A FABULOUS MOM! YOU ARE CELEBRATED AT COVENANT, YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD AND YOUR HOME! YOU ARE THE BEST. IT IS GOOD TO SEE FUN MOMS LIKE YOU TAKE ON THOSE BIG COMMITMENTS AND LOVE THEM TILL THEY ARE OVER. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY, NOW DO SOMETHING FOR YOU!
April C.

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I thought about you all morning on Friday as I embarked on a very soggy field trip with Rachel to Rockwood Reservation, and I kept prayng that the rain would not ruin Field Day. SO GLAD to hear that everything went well. I could have used a bandana myself yesterday--talk about not a good hair day! (even Larry said so!)

Have a GREAT Mother's Day!

Erika