Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Many Changes in a Day

Many things happen in a days time. Today JoAnn, Dr. Linette's nurse phoned to ask if I could switch my doctors appointment to Tuesday the 6th. I said no due to Bible study. She then said how about the 14th. I said I didn't want to wait that long to find out the results. I then proceeded to tell her that if the MRI is clear I will not be taking the chemo, Temodar. Dave and I have decided to do the "wait and see" approach. I did also tell her that if Dr. Linette is interested in what I am taking instead of the chemo to let me know. Dave and I would be happy to share the information. She said that she will call me on Monday with the MRI results. I then made an appointment for the 14th just in case Dr. Linette needs to see me. After making the appointment I thought "Hey that is silly to come in if the MRI is clean." I called JoAnn back and left a message asking if I really need to come in at all if he is not interested in what alternative treatment I am taking. Why pay $30 to say hi to Dr. Linette is my philosophy. I also asked if I could have my bloodwork drawn on Friday while I am down at Siteman. She was unable to return my call this afternoon. I hope to hear from her tomorrow with some answers. If you know me by now I am trying to save wherever I can. Co pays and gas in the vehicle are just some of those ways. I also will not see Dr. Simpson on the 7th. I will most likely see him at a later date. Possibly the 14th.

I will try to keep you posted once I am informed.

1 comment:

Jen Peskorse said...

Kate,Dave and family-
I am praying for your wisdom in the choices that have been set before you- I am praying for your MRI to be clear-I am praying for your life to be lived giving Glory to God- I am praying for complete healing from cancer- I am praying for your long life- and I am praying for your joy in the Lord to be your strength- You are loved by Jesus and by me! Jen P.
1 Peter 4:12-13
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.