Friday, April 27, 2007

A Sponge so Bring the Rain

Lately I have had many people come up to me and ask how I am doing. It has been great to tell them that I am doing well physically. I feel quite well except for the occasional aches and pains. (I am sure it could be much worse after brain surgery.) Also telling them that I am much better emotionally after an extremely rough fall. I was just reminiscing while on a errand run. I started to cry thinking about how I really felt I was in a pit. A deep dark pit. I would be all out weeping without control on the basement couch. I remember saying to Dave and my mom "This is no fun. My life is supposed to be fun and this is no fun." I chuckle to think . . . WOW I had some growing up to do. Still do for that matter. I can still have fun and be fun yet differently than before. My God given personality is still there. That is good for some to read but not good to others. ha ha ha

One of the conversations this week was with a woman that used to be Cole's Sunday school teacher when he was three years old. Her children are in high school and beyond. She was and continues to be a delight to my heart. I was surprised to hear that she is one of my silent bloggers but prays often especially for dear Cole. She shared with me that God allows us to go through trials for refinement. Further explaining that pain is pain. If God gave us a choice between having 1. infertility 2. troubled teens 3. medical issues 4. depression 5. special needs children 6. aging parents, etc. (the list goes on and on) we wouldn't choose any! What is so neat is that this pain shows us clearly God's grace and power. He will take us from point A in our spiritual walk to point B. I feel as if I am being taken to point Z at times. Whoa! I am like a sponge when Godly people share their thoughts to me. It was so good to take the time to talk with her. I only wish I had more as I had to run to pick up the older boys at school.

On a side note: Last Sunday in church the special music dealt with my exact heart issue of mine of not being sure if I would be able to praise God if my cancer came back quickly. It has been on my mind this whole week. The main conviction of my heart was that the songwriter spoke of his ability to praise God since his / her life was changed long ago due to a personal relationship with Jesus. And can circumstances change that?

Jesus Bring the Rain by Mercyme.

I can count a million times
People asking me howI
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings You glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to praise You
Jesus, bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of
The dark clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering Your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain

So I pray
Holy, holy, holy
Is the Lord God Almighty


Pray for the many opportunities in sharing God's story in my life to people. There have been some each week. Pray that I am moved out of the way. For them to see Jesus and not me.

No comments: