Friday, April 06, 2007

Not all about me - Thanks

It is long overdue to have this thank you on the blog. I wrote the following letter to Covenant Christian School community and it is applicable for you, the blogger who have also been and continue to be more than a blessing to my heart (if that is possible).
So here we go. . .

Dear Covenant School community and bloggers,

God is teaching me so much through this trial of brain cancer. He is teaching me to trust Him more, believe His promises to me, step out in faith and obedience when He asks me to, lean on Him when I am in the valley of despair and rely on the faithful prayers of many. As James 1:2 says to "Consider it pure joy . . . when you encounter various trials." In having a brain tumor Dave and I are blessed to have such great friends. You!

Thank you for loving our family. Your prayers, meals, scripture encouragement, cards, housecleaning and helping with our boys in various ways are a blessing. I am sure the list goes on. We are so appreciative of you and your unselfish hearts. Seeing this unselfish love in a tangible way has humbled me and makes my heart full.

I would like to end with the rest of the James passage (Consider it pure joy when you encounter various trials,) knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect reward, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing. God is continually working to make me mature and complete through cancer. He is teaching me again and again that I lack nothing when I trust Him for everything. I praise Him and thank Him for loving me.

Thank you for being a part of this journey,

Kate along with Dave, Carter, Cole & Stuart

** Please pray as my church has asked me to give my testimony via video along with the start of this cancer trial. Pray as I prepare for the video that the words of my mouth will point only to Jesus. It has taken me a while to realize that the cancer is not all about me. I also desire for the video to be an encouragement to someone in need.

It is hard to think that this is only the start of my journey with cancer. I will need endurance.

No comments: