Thursday, December 21, 2006

Non Stop Chatter!

Oh the joy of driving home from school today. It was the last day before Christmas break. Carter & Cole talked non stop the whole way home. They were so happy! The Christmas parties were such fun not to mention the goodie bags.

I wouldn't trade my job for anything! I am so blessed to be a stay at home mom and pick them up from school every day. It is the van moments that I am most thankful for ESPECIALLY today. It brought so much joy to my heart. I am thankful for children. Even little Stuart was piping in on the conversation. He was happy!

Christmas break for our family will look as follows:
Tonight is our Jesus Birthday Party. It is a tradition of getting together with 2 other families and celebrating Christ's birth. The cake is made special to represent all the aspects of His birth. Even the candles placed on the cake have a meaning. We end with singing "Silent Night" with all lights out except for the candles on the cake.

On Christmas Eve (Sunday)- Cole won 2 Rams football tickets through the library reading program. TODAY Dave won 2 more tickets from work. We will take the older boys to the game. Little Stu will stay at home to nap. The game starts at noon. The most exciting part is that this is Cole's first football game he has ever attended. Great memories!

Also on Christmas Eve we will go to the evening service at church.

Christmas Day brunch will be at our home with extended family.
Have a great Christmas holiday! I will try to update as much as I can with all 3 boys at home.

kate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I love that you find joy in the simple things---those are the gifts that most people seem to miss, and that is so sad. I can relate to your "van" story and truly delighting in my children's stories, singing,...whatever.

Kate, I've said it before, but you EMBRACE life with passion, and that is a priceless gift to your boys as they watch and learn from you.
I'm praying for you tonight as you celebrate Jesus' birthday with your family and friends ---How special! I imagine it will be emotional for you, especially this year as you're dealing with such heavy things.
I'll be checking your blog for any updates over the next several days, and will definitely be praying for you all.
Love, Tiffani G.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,
I do not have words to express my feelings right now for you and your family. I am in complete shock. I have just finished reading your entire blog after getting your note in the mail. It's really funny that I have been thinking of you alot lately. I have spoken of you often over the past several weeks to family and friends, now I understand why. God was sending me a message to pray for you. If there is anything I can do besides praying please let me know. I know this is a busy time of year for your family and you have alot on your plate. When all the hustle and bustle settles down I'd love to hear from you. In the meantime, keep healing and fighting and I will keep praying.

Love, Gina Simpson