Tuesday, June 12, 2007

By God's own choosing

A card came in the mail today from a couple whom I have never met at our church thanking me for sharing my video testimony on Sunday, June 2. I think I had failed to tell you all about the video. Sorry about that but, it did go well. My hope was that it blessed many. I was quite surprised at the video clip for they edited it down to be just what trial I have been going through. I will get my whole testimony - how I came to know Christ along with cancer journey on CD eventually. Ok on to why I wrote this blog post tonight . . . The card that came in the mail was perfect timing. It said get well soon and had some inspirational cards enclosed as well. One of the inspirational cards is a true keeper! Here are the words below-

God Loves You
You are here, not by chance, but by God's own choosing.
His hand formed you and made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else, for you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing that His grace cannot give you.
He has allowed you to be here at this time in history
To fulfill His special plan and purpose for this generation.

What encouragement! Just what I needed for today! Is that not a God thing? Just love the last line about my purpose in this generation. Thought provoking. I thank them for being so thoughtful in sending it my way. The body of Christ really has been used in powerful ways.

Cole was asking tonight about the number of scans that I will have to do. My response was that it will be every 2 - 3 months depending on what the doctor prefers. I also told him that I think the next one will be in September right after school starts. He then went on about how he didn't want school to start yet. I smiled and told him that he needn't worry about school just yet. Enjoy our summer for it has just started.

I truly am not worried about tomorrow's 9:45 am doctor visit. Concerned but not worried. It is good to be able to say that. Just at the pool tonight a friend whom I haven't seen in ages asked how I was doing and if I ever felt "normal". Honestly I told her it has been feeling more like normal again. A little lull has been very good for the soul for in the beginning all I could think about was the brain cancer. Dave just informed me that he is going to try attend the doctors visit since it is so close to his work. ---- Another praise right there! So glad I changed doctors to be closer to everything!

Praying for a clear scan. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: