Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Answering Concerns

I would like to take this time to address the previous blog comment from Tiffani. It might address other peoples concerns & questions who have been reading the blog.

Thank you Tiffani for you courage and honesty to post your concerns in regards to stopping the conventional treatment of radiation and chemo.

Why we are choosing unconventional at this time;

1. Gods leading

2. Dave & I know there is no proven cure for cancer yet, we desire to try the unconventional first & see how far we get.

3. My desire with unconventional is my quality of life during the "wait & see if it returns" time. Not knowing when that time might be.

4. I am willing to go back to conventional if that is what I am supposed to do. I am confident that God will give me the courage.

** Dave & I are open to whatever lies ahead with the cancer journey. Our decisions are difficult & weigh very heavy on our hearts. My family is so precious to me.

Yes, I so much want to know the future. Yes, I am anticipating the March MRI and the subsequent others. I have heard from previous cancer patients that you live from one MRI to the next. I am seeing some truth in this. Each day I have to remind myself to live day by day sometimes hour by hour.

I truly hopes this answers some of your concerns. Always seeking wisdom.
With humility - Kate

3 comments:

Jleiweke said...

Praise God! I commend you for putting your faith out there for everyone to see. I believe we are all overcome through our personal testimonies, and boy do you have some testimony. I don't know you personally but I am the daughter of Dr. Forget's (SUE) secretary. She is always telling me to read this and I never had the chance til recently. I am very proud that you are able to make such a tough decision with your treatments. I firmly believe in the quality of life as well, I just don't know if I could make that decision. I know that if time came for me to choose something of that nature, I would turn to God and only him because without him, nothing is possible. I believe that with prayer, all things are possible. I know it's silly but you have a lot of courage. You have a beautiful family and I know they are all supporting you in your decision. It's hard not to be selfish at a time like this and to ask that you do everything conventional but sometimes God speaks to us loudly and even then we don't listen. I am thankful for all things he has given us and the things he will continue to do for you and your family. If there is anything I can do, other than pray, please feel free to ask. I know that being an outsider, there are many things i can do, just say the word! Many blessings and deepest thoughts, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you are both at peace because scripture tells us that God's peace passes all human understanding. I'm in agreeance with Tiffani in that it seems scary to go against what is the norm. But I can't argue with your statement - "there is no cure for cancer". I also know from your posts that both of you are first seeking God's wisdom and secondly doing you part to find the facts - seeking wise counsel.
Still praying for all of you!
Tabatha

Anonymous said...

I recently began reading your blog and have been following your progress. The strength your faith in God has given you is remarkable.
As you know, "faith is not belief without knowledge; it's trust without reservation." And you certainly show that trust in God.

My mother passed away three years ago from lung cancer (she never smoked). Her doctor told her to continue to fight the cancer to the end because a cure could come at any time. So, whether conventional or unconventional treatment, continue to fight it. I realize that treatments are very difficult on the human system. But the treatments are temporary.

I will keep up with your progress, and will be in prayer with you.

One more thing, something I learned some time ago: There are some things in life worse than a bad hair day -- Not many, mind you, but there are a few.

I have come to believe that hair loss from chemo and radiation should be looked at by all as a crown of honor, signifying the couragous battle one is waging.

--So, shave what's left of that hair!! And continue baldly...I mean boldly...with your fight!:)

Please let me know if I can help you in any hands on way -- cleaning your house; doing laundry; preparing your tax return (I am a tax preparer). Although we haven't met, it is my understanding that you live in close proximity to me.

May God make His face to shine upon you.

gina
stlginger@earthlink.net