Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Keep Checking In

Dave has not had any extra time to devote to writing the blog post. He should be able to get to it in the next few days. He had a school board meeting last night then followed by some dear friends who came over to pray & talk with us after the boys went to bed. Tonight the boys had basketball practice. Keep checking in for the update.

As for the doctors . . . PRAISE . . . . .
  • Dr. Linette will continue to be my oncologist. I will need to see him once a month with labs prior to the doctors appointment. My next appointment is Wednesday, February 21 at 9 am. I will have my MRI sometime in March.
  • Dr. Simpson's nurse, Deb called today & stated that he knows this is a very personal decision. It was also said that they realized that this wasn't a easy or quick decision. They knew we were concerned about many details of cancer and the treatment options. Deb said that he will be sending me a letter sometime in the near future. Nothing for me to sign. Just some information.

I was able to talk to Dr. Linette on Monday and let him know that I do respect him as my doctor & his opinion. I also wanted to make it known that we do not think ill of the pharmaceutical companies.

With a humble heart - Kate

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate and Dave,
I'm eager to hear from Dave, when he gets a chance, about what your new plan is, etc. Being completely honest, I'm alarmed and concerned for you, though I admit I'm only familiar with the "conventional" forms of treatment, so I can't envision what the alternatives would be. Because of that, it feels to me as though you are giving up, yet I know that's not what you're saying.

At the same time, I'm so glad you have peace about your decision, and I KNOW you have prayed and sought God's direction in this, so that is reassuring to me (not that this is ABOUT me...I just love you and want you to be OK)

The bottom line is that I'm still praying for you and your family!
Get good sleep tonight, and hope you have a great day tomorrow. Let us know about Joe and the peacoat.
Love, Tiffani Gibbs

Anonymous said...

I think many people feel the same way Tiffany does concerning the alternative treatment. This seems natural, since, as Tiffany pointed out, in the Western world we are familiar with Western medicine, pharmaceuticals. Thank you, Tiffany, for your honesty, but more than anything thank you for your support. As with many others, I know you have been a devoted blogger and prayer warrior--the two are synonymous if you have been following Kate's story.

I can tell you that I feel much better about this new treatment plan, which is yet to be disclosed. If any of you know Dave then you know that he has done extensive research, sought after bona-fide scientific data and pragmatic advice from experts in the nutritional field. To those of use who are like Tiffany, it might seem like some new agey, off-the-wall homopathic plan--not that anything is wrong with that--but in actuality it is a well-researched, scientifically proven approach. At least Kate should be able to keep her hair and her vision straight.