Monday, January 15, 2007

The Hair Phase IV

As of 5:30 tonight I have shorter hair. It actually looks quite good. I am glad to have a change. A stack in back with a longer front. I can still tuck hair behind my ears. My balding area is not noticable to anyone but myself at this time. The back of my neck was little breezy in the cold air walking to my car. At home Carter smiled big and thought I looked "weird". Cole said some odd comment as well. I told Dave that we will need to work on that manly comment from the peanut gallery lesson in the near future to prepare them for their future wives and their hair ordeals. Knowing full well they (the wives) will have hair issues - hopefully never related to cancer.

Please pray for upcoming radiation treatments. Pray boldly.
1. hair loss to be minimal
2. burns from radiation to be minimal - I prefer none at all
3. vision to be protected along with the lens
4. long term - no secondary cancerous tumor arises from the radiation itself or cognitive problems
5. That I can laugh at the days to come.

Please also pray for the upcoming chemo (Temodar) treatment after the radiation. I will discuss this in mid February maybe sooner with Dr. Linette. I am still open to doing the chemo.

I am so thankful for my quiet times at home. Last night after reading I was struck by the following comment- I pray it will come true to me especially at Siteman.

That I will be sensitive and receptive to the ministering of God's Holy Spirit.


Christ, in whom are hidden
all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 2:3
Kate

No comments: