Monday, March 19, 2007

Silver Lining

There is a silver lining in having brain cancer. My pants / shorts size used to be a 14 then on good weeks a 12. I am now officially a 12. I even bought some size 12 shorts last week and they were too big! I did keep some in hopes that the dryer would shrink the waist a little. Could it be when I exercise this spring and do my normal field trip mommy duty this summer that I will be a 10? I have never been a 10 not even in grade school. Well maybe I was a 10 in grade school but I sure don't remember it. It was the Dairy Delight cheese fries in high school that help the waist line increase no doubt. And hot fudge sundaes to boot. Oh to be young again. Shame on Dairy Delight being that close to the high school. No self control - what have I told you about me?

Even though the emotional roller coaster was huge this past weekend (possible more lows to come) God has not left my side. In fact He is making himself known even more. My faith is being strengthened. My Bible study this week was on prayer. More specifically Daniel 9 and his prayer. Did you know that Daniel took time to pray at least 3 times a day. Not saying mealtime prayers. Daniel knew that God desires a relationship. That is two way communication. The Bible is for God to communicate to us and we pray in response. It is like a phone - have you dialed lately? He is on hold waiting for you. I have had some sweet times in prayer the past 2 days. I am so thankful for my deepening relationship with the Lord. I have even begun a list of God's mighty acts in the past both in Scripture and in my life. I actually have more on Jesus thus far. It is encouraging my heart to see this list. I am glad I am His child.

The quote from Beth Moore study I want to leave with you this evening . . .
"If you feel that your prayers matter little, if any, can you accept the bibical truth that God can be trusted when our human reasoning often cannot? Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding (Prov. 3:5)! He knows you by name, and He recognizes your voice. Whatever you do, Dear One, don't stop praying. Heaven is affected even when you don't see answers on Earth."

I am most in awe about the following scripture in regards to our requests before the Lord;

Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD Psalm 139:4

"He hears and acts because of His great mercy - a mercy greater than our sin."
Thankful that God does more than just care for me!

No comments: