Saturday, March 31, 2007

Verse to claim with MRI's

We wait in HOPE for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.
In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.
May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
even as we put our HOPE in You.
Psalm 33:20-22


As I was reading the posts and comments in November I was crying. It encouraged my heart to read what I was able to express while in a deep emotional fear pit along with the comments from many bloggers. The above verse was one of many encouraging scriptures. I would like to claim that verse for every upcoming MRI I will have. (Thanks Gracie!) As it will be in the back of my mind wondering if any growth is present.

If you haven't lately. . . go back and read the November archive postings. Especially Wednesday, November 22. It was the day prior to Thanksgiving when we received the news of 4 years median life expectancy. The past few months have seemed like a whirlwind. My heart has been filled with God's grace shining evidently in the pit of despair. God is good. Isn't he? I love him. I do hope you see his goodness in your life as well.

Friday night after grocery shopping I was pondering the past few months. Dave's actions, research, service and his unending love for me have been overwhelming. I was praising God for such a wonderful friend and husband. He is a delight to my heart. I can't thank him enough or even come close to expressing my appreciation. I did tell him today how I don't deserve a husband like him. He came back with a sweet comment. Oh so tender. The bonus is that he is becoming more and more good looking as the weeks pass. I knew he was hot when I met him but he just keeps getting better. Marriage is great every passing year.

Spring break is almost over. The boys return to school on Monday. Great memories were made! We had a great time on rainy Friday during Stuarts nap. Under the big blanket fort in the basement I read to them Prince Caspian with a camping lantern. All lights were turned off. A little uncomfortable for me but still a joy. We were on the second to last chapter. Very exciting! They were able to have one sweet while I read. Cole chose rootbeer jelly bellies and Carter Red Hot gum. I had water. They thought it was great! So did I.

4:10 to you Dave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I am so excited for you and your emerging HAIR! Remember the Veggie Tales song about the hair brush, and Bob the Tomato gives Larry's hair brush to the peach, because he has hair? PEACH FUZZ!

So happy to hear that you all have had an enjoyable spring break. Our spring break was a week before yours and very damp, but we were blessed at the end with one glorious sunny day, and we wasted no time in packing up for the park, bikes, fishing gear, and all! (I found the biggest worm of the day, thank you very much!)

Still praying (of course!),
Erika

Anonymous said...

Loved your zoo pics and the forts were quite monumental! FYI, your basement needs no apologies! You're right: a) it's a basement b) it's a playroom c) they were having a ball! I'm elated, too, about your newfound hair regrowth! Glad that the anagen, catagen, telogen cycle is gearing up and right on, or ahead of, schedule! What an encouragement to a woman's heart. Hair's important! I also laughed to myself w/ your "To Dave 4:10" comment b/c, remember, others of us know what that means, too! How cute are you!

Anonymous said...

Kate,

I bought The Chronicles of Narnia as a family Christmas gift for us in 2005, and we enjoyed reading through all 7 stories last year. Though we never read it in such a creative atmosphere as you and the boys, it was special family time. God blessed C.S. Lewis with quite an imagination!

Nancy V.