Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Colossians 3:12

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved,
clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Colossians 3:12

The above verse spoke volumes to me on Sunday after I watched a DVD by Nancy Leigh DeMoss on the topic of forgiveness. I have had some personal things to deal with. (Some of you might think this cancer blog is extremely personal - Why yes it is!) My heart was prompted to act on a particular situation. It should have been done a long long time ago. I have been putting it off waiting for the right moment to seek forgiveness. I am thankful that cancer has humbled somewhat my pride. It is a process. I want to try and start each day with Colossians 3:12 in mind. I wrote it out on a sheet of paper and will put it on my bathroom mirror as a daily reminder. It can be used with parenting as well. You can hear a similar script online at http://www.familylife.com . Click on audio then past broadcasts. Once in past broadcast page type in March 2007 and Nancy Leigh DeMoss as speaker. I don't think you will be disappointed.
I have been having some mild headaches during the day. I think it is still a post surgery complication. The pain is most often in the same two locations. As for napping, today I took my first nap in about a week and actually fell asleep. Still having middle of night issues at 3 ish and waking at 5:30 ish. Hopefully the nap today will help for tonight.

Trying to clothe myself as in Colossians 3:12.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the family pics w/ FredBird--what a ham each of them is (not to mention the odd bird himself). Glad to hear about the "all-seems-quiet-on-the-cranium's-front" report...we'll pray your visit on the 14th is informative and positive news as well. You're in our thoughts for strength and wisdom! Jobacks out!

Anonymous said...

Kate,
Glad for the update today in the carpool line. I had no idea you had a sleepwalker, too.

Thanks for all your work on field day. I know it takes a lot of organization and time, and you are certainly gifted at it. I already can see that this year is going to be the best yet! Guess you learn as you go, each year, a microcosm of learning all that God has for us in life. Each day gets better as we learn and grow and have our perspective changed. And each field day gets better and better as you learn what works and what doesn't. Thanks again for everything. One of the kids just fell out of bed and there's word of blood. Gotta dash,
Shannon Hathaway