Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Words to Say to Carter

Today in Bible study I was informed that Sue passed away. She was the lady I wrote about a while back with 10 tumors alone in the brain and her cancer originated in her uterus. Last week she was given 3 weeks - 3 months to live after finding out it had traveled to her bones. She literally found out she had cancer a little over 4 weeks ago.

Carter has been praying for her every night along with Bob from the Houston airplane ride, Joe from Siteman (he says Mr. Bob & Mr. Bennett) and me. He has been so faithful to lift every one of these precious people to Jesus. Pray for me as I need to inform him of Mrs. Cornwell. I think I will use the analogy of trials and how there are three basic scenarios. I think I shared this with you some time ago but it is worth repeating. We all need a good reminder when it comes to major life trials and heartache.

1. We can be delivered from the fire.
Dividend? Our faith is built.
2. We can be delivered through the fire.
Dividend? Our faith is refined.
3. We can be delivered by the fire straight into His arms.
Dividend? Our faith is perfected.

Praising God Sue loved Jesus and is straight in His arms today. Pray for her husband Mark and three year daughter, Natalie.

Remember I am praying for #2. You can do the same. God is more than able.

Tomorrow I am to see Dr. Linette at 9:30 with the official reading of the MRI. Afterwards I am to see Dr. Simpson. At this time I will be telling Dr. Linette that I am looking to find an oncologist closer to home and Dave's work. I am presently looking at Dr. Needles who practices at St. Johns. Pray that my words are gentle and sincere. Dr. Linette is a fantastic, precise and genuine doctor. I only wish he was in west county. I have an appointment with Dr. Needles next Thursday at 12:30 to discuss many areas of my treatment.
On a funny note: Dr. Needles could be the doctor for me. Who can have a neurosurgeon of Dr. Forget (yes it is in french but it looks funny) and not have another with an odd name? Only Kate Snodgrass.

4 comments:

Ramona Wicht said...

So sorry to hear about Sue. I know that's very difficult to hear, especially since she had such a short time to cope (her family, too).

God will give you the right words to say to Carter. I really appreciated the trials analogy. What a helpful way to look at our trials.

Praying that you are refined through this trial. Much love!

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I can't help but cry as I think about Sue's precious daughter. Hard to understand why some things happen, but I'm so thankful to be able to trust that God really does know more than we do, and somehow that little girl will be okay.
I am praying for Carter--that he won't be discouraged from continuing to pray for others with cancer, and that he won't be frightened as he prays for you.
I'll also pray for your time with your MDs tomorrow.
Hope your headache is gone!
Love, Tiffani Gibbs

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for your conversation w/ Carter, too, bless his little heart. What a sweetie for being so faithful to pray for those folks for so long! Praying for you today, too, w/ your Dr's appts, especially w/ an impending oncologist change on your horizon. It'll be so much easier for you to have someone closer to home....I'd probably have made the same decision. Loved hearing about the Great Snodgrass Lava Cake Letdown. It made me snicker! Leaving flour out of a recepie sounds like something I'd do! Perhaps that's one of those short-term memory things that got botched up w/ the frontal lobe surgery, huh? Better to forget flour, though, than something more integral to life...like picking up the kids from school or your phone number or your anniversary or something. :) Love you today and every day!

JohnnyB said...

Kate,
My Mom sees Dr. Needles, and we have been very encouraged by the work he has done with her. Feel free to let us know if you want more info on him, from a patient's family perspective.
John B.