Praise God that His mercies are new every morning and He gives fresh hope throughout the day. Because of your constant intercession, which we treasure deeply, His grace is at work in us and around us. May the Lord grant you a double portion of the kindness and faithfulness that you have shown to us. I have been reading each and every comment posted on our blog, and they have been a tremendous source of encouragement. It's good to know that so many of you care about my precious wife, especially those of you that have never even met her.
Reality is setting in a little more today for Kate, she was a little discouraged this morning because of her circumstance. However, I brought in a couple of pictures of the boys which are displayed in her room to remind her of what she is working towards. She was so delighted that I brought those.
Kate had an OT/PT consult this morning and they were encouraged with her status (same as the last post), they believe there is a lot there they can work with to restore her left-side function. Most likely, today or within a couple of days she will be transferring to a nearby rehabilitation hospital where she will undergo daily rehab therapy for an undetermined period of time. I'm not sure if this will be days or weeks. Also, she may never be able to restore 100% functionality, but I know with the Lord's help anything is possible. Your faithful prayers are evidence of that.
Kate is going to have to work very hard to restore that left-side function. This is probably going to be the biggest challenge of her life (like having brain cancer, two surgeries, and radiation therapy isn't challenging enough). She has an incredibly determined spirit and tremendous willpower. I believe she is up for the task and will need your continued prayers and practical support along the way. The journey will likely be very long, but we are taking it moment by moment, as the Lord has commanded us to do (do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow has enough troubles of its own).
Please pray for several specific items:
1. Most obvious, that Kate's left side function would continue to restore, hopefully to 100% or close to it.
2. That she will accepted as an ideal candidate for the rehabiliation hospital program.
3. That the Lord would provide daily encouragement and hope, as well as strength, courage, and determination.
4. That she would get plenty of rest in the hospital (she is still very tired and sleeps most of the day).
5. That I would be able to get needed rest so that I can fully support my wife during the day.
6. That the Lord would provide me with the physical strength to assist my wife with adjusting in the bed, going to the restroom, getting dressed, etc.
7. That Kate's appetite would increase, thereby increasing her strength.
Hopeful and encouraged for the future,