I went home last night to be with the boys and get some rest in my own bed. Unfortunately, Carter was up at 2 AM with a fever of 102.5 F and heavy coughing. So much for a night of uninterrupted sleep! Cole woke up with a fever as well, so the older boys are home from school today. Carter's fever was gone when he woke up but I took him to the pediatrician anyway and it was determined that he has bronchitis, so he is on some medication to clear it up. Nothing like dealing with a trial within a trial within a trial. Please pray that these boys would get well soon.
Kate transferred to St. John's Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital (www.stjohnsmercyrehab.com) early this afternoon and it went smoothly, although she was disappointed that she didn't get to ride in an ambulance. It is a nice, new facility that has only been open a few months and is small in size but has nice large patient rooms. Let's hope the food tastes better than the previous place. It looks as if Kate will start her therapy sessions (Physical, Occupational, and Speech) tomorrow. Her daily regimen will be therapy sessions in the morning and afternoon with lunch and a rest break (nap time) in between. We are still not sure how long (days or weeks) she will be here, it all depends on her progress.
In addition to what was mentioned above, here are some additional prayer requests at this time:
1. That Kate would have the energy she needs to be fully engaged in the therapy sessions.
2. That her appetite would steadily increase.
3. That her brain and surgical site would heal swiftly and fully.
4. Of course, that her left side function (leg, arm, hand, face) would regain 100% functionality.
5. That Gram and Aunt Dee Dee would have the strength to handle caretaking on the homefront and would receive needed rest and relaxation.
6. That we would be able to successfully coordinate all of the practical help that is offered by family and friends (meals, housecleaning, carpools, special projects, etc).
7. Finally, that the Lord would use us to bring glory to Himself.
Thank you deeply for all of your prayers, comments and concern,