Saturday, December 08, 2007

Pictures, Tree & Prayer team

We had a time of family pictures early this morning at 8:30. Many thanks to Kelly Park for offering her services humbly. She is a professional photographer whose oldest daughter is in Carter's class. She emailed me last week wanting to know if I would be interested in taking pics. I was brought to tears with her offer. We had taken family pictures about a month ago and the boys did great the placement of people unfortunately was not. We took retakes a few weeks later and the opposite was the case. Not so good smiles with good placement. I am looking forward to viewing pictures that were taken today.

We left the house after the photography session to cut down the Christmas tree. The cold rain was ... well... cold. We chose our tree rather quickly. Soccer Gram came along to take our picture. So glad she did! It is always a event in one way or another cutting down the tree. Last year it was snow with ice and weren't even sure if the tree farm would be open. The country roads were horrible. Dave was driving literally 10 miles per hour or less on the country road which was at least 5 miles long. It made for one long drive to and fro. The kicker of it all last year was realizing while walking to get the tree that I brought the wrong camera. I brought the video cam which was not even charged. Ugh! I was so utterly disappointed. I wanted a good memory picture for the boys to have. I totally remember my feeling of despair having no picture taken from that year of the tree hunt. Ok sorry to dwell on last year. This year was much better. Camera and all. We ended our tree hunt like usual with hot cocoa and candy canes for the boys while Daddy put the tree on the van. Hmmm, we usually get the better end of the deal for we stay in the warm log cabin while he is in the cold making sure the tree is secure. You know, Safety Dave.

2007 Tree Cutting

Stuart and I took about a two hour nap today. Waking up around 4:30ish. It was good to rest. I haven't been able to do that much lately for I cannot seem to rest my mind.


Last night's prayer time was good. Many thanks to all who attended. I will try to compile the prayer requests for the blog sometime soon for I want to add some specifics to Dave's list. I have received an email from someone wanting to have a formal way of making sure someone is praying at all times of the day especially on Wednesday. This is a portion of the email.

"I had an idea this morning and I ran it by Laura....I really felt last night while we were praying that you need to have a team praying 'round the clock, esp. for Wednesday's surgery. I'd be happy to spearhead it, if you wanted to let the blog people know they can email me at (pammywatson at yahoo.com) and let me know what hour or 1/2 hour they would be available to spend the entire time interceding for you. Obviously, in other parts of the world, they may be fully awake while it is night time here! :o) I'd keep the schedule and pen people in, and let you know of any openings. I imagine we'll have many prayer warriors at each spot. We can email them this list from last night which will give them plenty of things to pray about."

I would like to end with the following passages in scripture. Some portions just keep coming to me lately.

Psalm 139: 1- 18, 23, 24

O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,"
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.

See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Just wanted to give it to you in Christmas colors since we just cut down the tree. Now we just need to find the time to trim the tree.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to hear your plain 'ole family fun at Christmas time! Robert will be jealous of you all cutting down your own tree. lol. Some year we will. :)

Thank you also for including the info. on praying over your time.

I've been reading and re-reading the verses you posted...I never tire of these...just let 'em soak up all around and inside me.

In His Grip,
Sue Stark :)

Anonymous said...

so glad ya'll had a wonderful day... I was thinking of you and hoping sweet memories were made.

love, Em

Anonymous said...

As the official picture taker of the Christmas tree adventure I can say yes it was cold. But good to see an old high school friend who owns the Christmas tree farm. She is still that gentle, kind person. Had a nice chat in the restored log cabin house near the wood burning stove.It set the mood for Christmas.
I really appreciated prayer time on Friday night with people from several different churches. I was greatly moved by the sincere thought and prayers for Kate, Dave and the boys. Also had a chance to visit with old friends from the little church Katie grew up in. One couple came many miles. They have known Kate since she was a baby. Always good to be with those you know and love.
Preparations for the care of great grandpa are in motion. With the help of my big brother and sisters and helpers I think we can manage very well. Shifting from an 88 year old to 9,7 & 3 boys takes energy. Last winter I would fall into bed at night. I am still nuturing a sore leg from a fall several days before Thanksgiving while cleaning a outdoor kitchen window. Would ask prayer for this leg to heal.
Gram enjoys seeing and meeting this next generation of young christian women who have been a big encouragement to her and Kate's family. They are fully charged and ready to take on the hard stuff. You all know who you are and I thank you.
This gram sends her love to Dave's Indiana family who have expressed their desire to be here to help out. I know you would like to be here and just knowing is a help to me.
p.s. Just to set the record straight from a previous post stating that gram didn't get the boys to school on time for that before school play time. For grandson #2, gram is prefectly capable of getting to school on time if one said grandson would get the lead out in the mornings and move faster. And when grandma tells you four times not to forget your backpack she means what she says. Look out commuters! I will not have it said I cannot get there on time. I may look a little disshoveled in the am, but I will get there Lord Willing.
Gram up for the task.

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I love your mom - she reminds me of mine.
Sara

Anonymous said...

From one gram to another, prayers for your strength and spirit as you give your loving care to your dear grandsons and your encouragement and service to your beloved daughter and "son." Pleading for God to cover all of you with His loving peace and comfort.

Anonymous said...

Kate, Glad the round-the-clock prayer vigil is under ways. Bless Pam for spearheading and compiling all of the e-mails coming in...Loved the picture of your cold and happy bunch post tree cutting. Thinking of you this AM, dear. Every time I wake up early befor the alarm, I calculate the time in my head and divide it evenly, praying 1/2 of the remaining time b4 the alarm goes off for you and 1/2 of the time for Angie's cancer and her family at her bedside in TX. Not a bad way to pass the time, I'd say, huh? Laura and family in your corner...in fact, so many people are IN your corner that it's getting kind of crowded! Hmmm! Jobacks out.

Heather said...

Kate,
Sounds as if we were on the same page yesterday as we got our pictures as well. I will pray for you much on Wednesday and there after. I would love to come see you sometime after surgery, but I am unsure how you feel about this. I know with Aven it became a little overwhelming for him. Please email me and let me know if there is a time or day that might work. Also, I wanted to ask you about your recovery time as I am praying for you to be home for Christmas with your family. The weather was yucky yesterday and I am glad you didn't allow it to rain on your parade. Lots of pics yesterday.
Love,
Heather

Anonymous said...

I'M SOOOOOO SORRY SOCCER GRAM, I truly didn't know that the comment would upset you. I'm one of Dave's cousins in Indiana. Kate had mentioned in one of her posts that Cole wanted mommy to be around so he could have his first recess. I didn't take it that you couldn't get them to school in time, I know how difficult it is to get little ones out the door (I have a 5yr old daughter and 3yr old boy).I just thought it was cute that Cole had said that. I appreciate your posts and am grateful you are there! I'm truly sorry if I offended you. I will be praying for your leg to heal quickly.
Praying for Kate, Dave, and the boys, and the doctors. Sorry again.
Danielle

Anonymous said...

I was very sad I could not be with you all on Friday night. My little one was too sick to be left with anyone else. Know I was lifting you up in prayer while I cared for him all night.
You have never stated if surgery is down here or out west. I will continue praying for you and your beautiful family, especially on Wedensday.

Much love,
Stefanie

Anonymous said...

It was the weekend for Christmas tree chopping. We just got ours yesterday as well. Rain schmain! It just made us find the perfect tree much quicker. Loved your family picture. Our photographer didn't capture such a nice shot (granted she was a random cold woman we asked to do us a favor). Christmas memories are the best. I loved the verses. Very powerful. Thanks for sharing. I'm so sorry I missed the prayer night. Nic got the stomach flu and both boys were in great need of Mommy...I was praying in spirit on your behalf. Will keep them going until you're back home and feeling better after the surgery. Let me know if you need anything at all. Blessings, Stacy J.

Anonymous said...

Hi Soccer Gram,

I feel your pain on getting children ready for school! It never ceases to amaze me that my kids can be up for over an hour and STILL not be out of their pajamas...and then ask me why I'm crabby as I am throwing school clothes on them! (Sensitive topic here, can you tell?) I almost always go out on CCS's playground for morning drop off, and I will be sure to defend your timeliness this week!

Kate, you know I'm here. Tell me what you need and when, and I'll take care of it if I possibly can (prayer is a given.)

Love,
Erika

Anonymous said...

Kate,
Still wishing I could have been with you Friday night. I'm certain it would've been so encouraging to be there with you all, agreeing before the throne of Grace with/for you! Though I was busy with Cooper and Carly, I prayed for you each time I thought of you throughout the night--much like I do every day.
GRAM, I so enjoy your posts! I'm praying for your leg and for energy. A new rule was established in our home for Cooper's 1st grade school year, since he seems to carry some of that "lead" too: He cannot come downstairs from his room on school days until he is dressed for school. NEXT, he knows he must eat breakfast, brush teeth, fix hair before he can play or turn on the TV till it's time for school.
This has worked wonders and has significantly decreased the stress he and I feel with the morning rush. May be worth trying??
Anyway, I am praying for each of you and can only try to imagine the emotions you're experiencing in anticipation of Wednesday. GOD already knows what THURSDAY looks like--He's got it all under control and will be carrying you through.
Love to you,
Tiffani