Thursday, November 09, 2006

I miss my boys

I miss my oldest son's contagious joy and laughter. I miss our middle sons good morning hugs. I miss watching how little toddler runs around the house and his cheesy grins and hearing the songs he sings, like "row, row, row your boat".

As I am thinking these thoughts the nurse just checked my blood sugar (ouch!) and it has dropped down low enough (110) so that I don't need an insulin shot (halleluia). However, my temperature is up slightly to 100.1 deg F.

I feel weary right now with everything going on, like a whirlwind for me. I desire to get off this roller coaster and go on vacation, like the Southwest airlines commercials, "Wanna get away?". The answer is a resounding "Yes".

The Lord just keeps bringing to mind 9/11 and the twin towers in New York City. This tumor is like a 747 that flew into the building. However, I am not going to crumble or fall because the Lord is my cornerstone, my sure foundation, my strong tower. He is the steel post holding up my body. Though I am weary, I am confident in that.

I covet your prayers as we await a morning visit from Dr. Forget.

Kate

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I'm awake and my prayers are raised to God even before me feet hit the floor. Hundred are praying for you "without ceasing."

Psalm 91,
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust." He will cover youi with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,
Kate, we stand by you in prayer today.
Love,
Kim Vander Velde

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Kate and Dave,
I am probably checking this blog now 10+ times a day. This blog is not only helpful for those of us over here on this side of Missouri but it is addictive.
Get some rest... see you soon.
Love you sis.
Andy

Anonymous said...

Good morning Kate and Dave.
Your being thought of today and I ache with Kate in her missing the boys. I know sweetheart this is sooo hard, you need time to heal and have strength to be bounced on, and tumbled upon when you return home. Continue to rest and take care of yourself. It is so very vital in your healing process.
Your being prayed for today.
Much love.
Aimee Wiggers Kuzemka

Anonymous said...

Kate,
I am praying today for your total peace knowing that your precious boys are perfectly cared for and oh-so-loved by your friends and family...that God would give you sweet and precious thoughts that would bring you a smile and give you energy to continue healing...that you would "be anxious about nothing"
Lisa Kelley

Anonymous said...

Praying for you this morning as you await Dr. Forget's visit...let anxious thoughts be swept away by thoughts of hope b/c OUR God, Kate,...YOUR God, is ABLE! He's seen you through so swiftly and safely to this point. The next steps, whatever they may be, will be just as watched over as these first steps have been.
Ps27 "The Lord is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger--so why should I temble?...For He will conceal me...when troubles come, he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock...Listen to my pleading, O Lord, be merciful and answer me!...Yet I am confident that I WILL SEE THE LORD'S GOODNESS while I am here in the land of the living. Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."
We love you!!!
Laura, Mike, Isaac, and Elijah Joback

Anonymous said...

Kate,

We are praying over Dr. Forget's path report; we are asking that God would refresh you and Dave this morning; we are lifting up your three boys to The One Who Knows Their Needs; and we are rejoicing that your humor is still in full force. Yes, you are hot!

Your weariness is normal, sweet friend - you chose a good analogy with your roller coaster. Hang in there! James 1:2-4 comes to mind (I like The Message version):

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way."

Laura