Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sitting in Darkness with Light

When I sit in darkness,
the Lord will be a light to me.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When Kate walks through the fire she shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch her. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, Kate's Savior. I will bring the blind by a way they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, and crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, and not forsake them. Yea, though Kate walks through the valley of the shadow of death, She will fear no evil; for You are with her; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort Kate. Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You. In God (I will praise His word), in God Kate has put her trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me? The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
This devotional spoke to me this morning. From the "Daily Light". Here are the verses the paragraph is derived from - Micah 7:8, Isaiah 43:2-3, Isaiah 42:16, Psalm 23:4, Psalm 56:3-4 & Psalm 27:1.
PRAY: We have not seen the neuro-oncologist, Dr. G Linette as of this morning (Tuesday). We are hoping the doctors office will call today to get us in immediately. No reports on the Barnes pathology results. Continue to pray it is a stage 2. Also pray for wisdom for Dr. Linette if he takes over my care.
kate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,
Those promises were all written for you, my friend, and I'm glad you believe and claim them as your own-- a love letter from God to YOU.

Gotta get Cooper off to school, but I am fervently praying for you today, esp. regarding the medical stuff.
Love you, Tiffani Gibbs1