Friday, November 17, 2006

Icy Waters!

I just received a sweet note in the mail from someone I have never met living in Iowa. She went through the fiery trial with breast cancer. She gave me a great illustration that I would love to share with you today. What an encouragement to me.

Icy Waters

It's as if you have been pushed into a icy cold stream being pulled along by the current & you just have to go along with it. Your friends, ie: bloggers & family (& strangers, too) are running along the bank, praying & encouraging you on but, we can't pull you out. God will do that in His time.

"Please know we are cheering for you along the creekside here in Iowa."

Hope this was a great illustration for you.

Much love,
kate

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate-
What a wonderful way to send you a smile today, a card from a stranger. And the illustration of the icy waters is vivid and clear. I check the blog EVERY day, several times a day. Never having blogged before, I also find myself addicted!!! You remain in my thoughts and prayers
In Him-
Aimee Wiggers Kuzemka
Springfield, Missouri

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,
I still have goosebumps from reading that cool illustration about the icy waters! I haven't been able to post for a day or so, but have been praying and thinking of you and yours. SO glad the staples are gone and that dread is over for you. My mom always says, "The dread is worse than the doing." (She's right, but I'm still a procrastinator!)
Just wanted to remind you that I am running along the water's edge, cheering you on, too!

Love you, Tiffani Gibbs

Anonymous said...

Kate,

Laura sends her love. She has been unable to send you comments - our computer at home has lost its interet access. We'll try to correct this situation soon.

You're in our prayers - Laura and Mike

Anonymous said...

Martha wrote

I had a good friend undergo the rigors of breast cancer. At the time I told her the animated movie "Hercules" was coming out and she wasn't the star. You too need to give yourself permission to rest and relax. The way others fill their need in this situation is to be of help. Allow them that liberty and it is a gift to both the giver and receiver. We continue to pray for your entire family. We all need to be needed, just as God designed us to need Him.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,

Remember God's not on the bank, He's in the water with you