OK, I am up at 5:30 writing this. Here are some more tangible prayer requests. Please see an earlier blog entry for some other requests.
1. Sleep - I am taking a sleeping pill at bedtime since Friday night. It worked the first night. Pray I get a good 7 hours rest. My mind is like a ping pong tournament with all my thoughts.
2. That the family will not get any illness in the next few months. ie: flu
3. That I would listen to Dave when he says to * spend time with the boys * go to bed *etc.
4. Great quality time with the family TODAY! To capture every waking moment with them and cherish it in each one of our hearts.
5. Encourage Dave's heart. He is holding up quite well. While kissing in bed last night, he affirmed me. He is so dear. He says he has a peace about everything. God really is GREAT! He knew what kind of husband to give me 10 1/2 years ago. Thank you Jesus.
6. I am a event planner. Yes, for those who know me well. . . . You can chuckle. Please pray that I can let some things go. Our youngest child's birthday is Monday the 20th. I so want to plan (which I already had a little) a basketball party. "I shoot ba ball outside mommy" is what he says often. I have had his presents bought for at least a month now. I think we already have someone coming over to put together the Little Tykes basketball hoop.
Thanksgiving - It is my favorite holiday. Our family has so many traditions that are special. We give genuine thanks for our year and what we are individually thankful for. We always have a bonfire and hayride in the evening. After the turkey has set in and we are in our "zone" on the couch we go back for more food- especially sweet potato pie. I am so thankful for the heritage my boys have. Flag football anyone? Someone will need to take my place this year. : )
As for Christmas - I am so torn that there are only so many hours in the day till Tuesday. I want to buy my boys (including Dave) their gifts but, I KNOW that I need to just rest and spend it with them.
7. My hair - I am contemplating what to do with my hair. Since it will be shaved a full inch back at the front hairline, I am not sure what to do. If anything.
8. Appetite - I have not eaten much lately. Please pray that I make myself eat.
9. Pray for my family.
10. My neurosurgeon - Dr. Forget (remember it's not the english word forget - which is quite funny thinking this is a brain surgeon)
11. Hospital staff
12. All that post OP stuff. I will not be able to read along with a multitude of things for some time.
I am sure the list could go on. Please pray as the Lord leads! He is bigger than all of this. As Dave and I were cuddling in bed last night we were in awe of our mighty God who chose us to go through this trial. I am not sure I consider it a great privilege but, He only gives what we can handle. He will supply ALL my needs. I laughed to think "OK God I know I am a multi tasker but, this is a huge task" Then he quietly whispered to me. I am in control. Praise God
Please email or post on this board scripture that I can claim. My oldest child along with the rest of us need to highlight in our Bibles.
much love - the planner extrodinare - Kate