Thursday, November 16, 2006

Staples are OUT!

The staples have been removed. It was not as painful as I had made it out to be. Thank you for praying for courage. The only uncomfortable part was the doctor pulling some hair with the staples. I am thankful that I actually have HAIR to pull. Dave was right at my side holding my hand during the procedure. I think he turned his head - That's OK. He has been through enough lately. He is such a wonderful spouse. I couldn't have asked for a better one!

I was able to visit the older boys at school today after the doctors visit. I wanted to share with them that God has answered their prayers in giving me courage. They wanted to see that the staples are OUT! I think it was a relief to them and to me as well knowing they are gone.

As for the detailed pathology report from Barnes Hospital . . . . . No News. That is totally fine for us. We need some rest time. We desire no more news to process at this time.

I am able to drive during the day starting this weekend. I am taking anti convulsion meds, tylenol & no steroids.

My cheif complaint is that my left wrist hurts. It wakes me up at night. It is due to the "ART" cath they put in at the hospital. I am thankful that it is my wrist that wakes me up not my head. My humorous comment on the art cath is "I know why they now call it a art cath. It sure is a piece of "art"work due to the bruising."

thanks again for praying - today was a good day! - kate

2 comments:

Ramona Wicht said...

Hi dear friends-

I was thinking of you this afternoon (after a great visit with Soccer Gram, Aunt Dee Dee and Stuart this morning). Something came to mind that I'd really like to share.

Like you, Kate, God speaks to my heart through music. When I'm in a time of difficulty or despair, I sing the following song over and over to myself. It helps me to put the struggles of my small life into perspective.

The artist in Ginny Owens, and this song is on the mix CD I gave you. The words are beautiful, and it is even more powerful with the melody.

IF YOU WANT ME TO

The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will go through the fire
If You want me to

It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I will go through the valley
If You want me to

Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will go through the fire
If You want me to

When I cross over Jordan,
I'm gonna sing, gonna shout
I'm gonna look into Your eyes and see
You never let me down
So take me on the pathway that will lead me home to You
And I will walk through the valley
If You want me to

Yes, I will walk through the valley
If You want me to

Anonymous said...

the middle C (or hot scorpion) is learning about native americans at school and as part of his supplemental learning, he has to chose one of the following to do a project on: housing, food, clothes. he picked to engineer an iroquois longhouse. after doing research on the internet, i discovered that one longhouse accomodated 15-20 families. i read this information to middle C, who is known to appreciate his "quiet" time in his room, where lately he seems to be going right after getting home from school. in this way my nephew and i are alike, which is why i understand when he escapes to his room to color or draw or listen to music. i too thrive on my alone time, listening to music, reading books. as a child, i was known to disappear for hours; when i returned it was as if i was never gone. i wonder if middle c and i would survive an iroquois structure. the iroquois slept on stacked bunk beds--one right on top of another--to conserve space and, in the winter time, heat. if that were the case here on the cul de sac, then i imagine kate getting the lower bunk because she's sick and then soccer gram and then maybe middle C; big C and i would probably get the top, or maybe dave--we could switch off, making a chart to record who slept on the top bunk on which day. also, the iroquois's cylinder-shaped house had no windows, rather two entrance ways at the each end of the building. the iroquois couldn't leave the house without 4-5 families, at the very least, knowing about it. here on the cul de sac, at least 4-5 people know our business all of the time, not to mention an entire blog community.