Friday, November 10, 2006

Morning Musings

We are having trouble with the air conditioning unit here in our room - all visitors say it is warm in here. As I was lying in bed last night perspiring (remember ladies don't sweat) I was thinking about calling maintenance (no wonder I had a temp the previous night with that lovely turban wrap). Thankfully we have a personal fan from home to circulate the air. The nurses say, "That is a hot commodity around here.". My heart really goes out to the other patients who are warm as well.

But hey, I thought it was like a spa here. Maybe they are trying out the sauna setting on the dial. I laugh when I think of a Seinfeld episode with Kramer in a white towel in a sauna. I guess I am Kramer with staples across my head.

Praise God - Dave and I got a better night's sleep. The nurses only took vitals every 6-8 hours (yeah!). I guess I am "stable".

I am encouraged about the incision across my hairline. Dr. Forget did great! By the way, the OR room was awesome to see in action! I am so glad I was not "loopy" with the "happy juice". Very Cool!

I am not chomping at the bit to get the pathology results. I am at peace knowing that this is a tumor and if God brought us this far He will carry us farther in this potentially long journey. I know this is not me saying this but only by God's sovereign right hand holding me, precious Kate Snodgrass.

If you want a tangible way to serve...Dave loves his coffee in the morning and he is hungry at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

If you come to visit, there is a "Welcome" basket for hospital staff and visitors. Help yourself to the yummy treats! Many thanks to my "southern" friends at Covenant Christian School (CCS) and the Noltings for putting it together.

Thank you for commenting on the blog. Dave and I have been able to cry, laugh, and reminisce together - it has been very special to see who is reading and lifting us up in prayer (even during the night). I'm lovin' this BlackBerry - thank you to Dave's work.

Kate (with Dave typing)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning, it's your parental unit from Roanoke. I just got back from taking Digger (he says hi) to the groomer.

If I were you I wouldn't mention the sauna treatment . . . they may charge you extra! All kidding aside, I hope they are able to get the room back to a comfortable setting.

I hope and pray that the pathology on the tumor will come back non-cancerous but as you said, God has poured out His grace to you so abundantly, He will continue to do so if the report is less than favorable.

Sorry Carol and I are not with you, but if you need us there or need anything don't hesitate to call.

BTW, Dave's and my cousin, Jacquie from Terre Haute, is having breast cancer surgery on Monday. Please keep her in your prayers.

All my love,

Dad (aka David and Pop Pop)

Anonymous said...

I've been drifting back through early memories of you, Kate. Camp...volleyball at RANCH...your little pony tail with a ribbon in it... you always seemed to be 'BOUNCING' when you were around!

It's been a pleasure to see how that energy has turned into a passion for following hard after God. And, now it spills over to so many through this. Even people in NEPAL!!!

Holding up your arms...

Anonymous said...

Martha Menner..
Word of your surgery and ministry for harmony, health and heaven have spread across this continent. I have shared your story with siblings from New York to California. You and your families are in our prayers...and in God's care.

Anonymous said...

A family member in St. Louis asked for prayer for you as well as passed your blog link to us as an encouragement to US...and indeed it has been these last days. Your peace this morning while awaiting test results is certainly answered prayer and a real example to all of us. Bless you.

Philipians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- A sister in Christ in Ohio

Anonymous said...

Do you have a big teddy bear? Maybe as an alternative to squeezing Mommy's head--and rather than saying 'no hugs'--the boys could be encouraged to deposit their hugs for you with the bear...then Mommy can withdraw them from The Bear Hug Bank.

Anonymous said...

kate & dave,

thank you so much for the constant updates. i believe god is already using your experience for his glory. i know your thoughts and words and your faith have encouraged me every time i read your blog. i am so glad that you are doing well and are in good spirits. i am anxiously awaiting to see what will happen next and shaun and i are praying for you and your family. take care!

danielle spencer

BLok said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Kate & Dave-
I am a friend of Michelle Roloff's at E-Free and want you to know that my husband Adam and I are praying for you. The Young Married's class over at E-free has been lifting you up as well. We also have three little guys and I hurt for you that you have to go through this. I will pray that God sustains you along the journey and he redeems this in your life. Adam and I are encouraged by your faith. When you are weak, He is strong.
In Christ-
Elizabeth Ward